Approved Working at Height Course – Classroom Based Training Renewal of Lightning Protection CSCS Skills Cards
Lightning Protection CSCS Skills Card Renewal
To renew your Lightning Protection CSCS Skills Card, you will need to attend and pass this approved “working at height” training course for lightning protection engineers, dates have been set aside for the ‘Face to Face training delivered at the Academy’s Training Centre.
To provide Lightning Conductor Engineers with the skills required to ‘Work at Height’ and use ladders for access and egress during their normal working day.
This training demonstrates Continued Professional Development (CPD) for Lightning Conductor Engineers, and only “ATLAS Endorsed Courses” will be accepted as evidence by the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) to renew a Lightning Conductor Skilled Worker Card.
Upcoming Training Dates
To book, please select one of the following;
For the renewal of the following Lightning Protection CSCS Skills Cards;
- LPS – Blue CSCS Skills Card
- LPS – Gold CSCS Skills Card
- LPS T&I – Gold CSCS Skills Card
To complete the CSCS Skills Card application process, you will require a copy of the certification as proof of the successful completion of the course
An endorsed course provider will deliver the course, and the course content will meet the requirements for the renewal of lightning protection CSCS skills cards. Operatives will receive training in a full range of areas, including;
- Legal requirements – employer and employee duties
- Selection and use of appropriate work equipment dependent on the access method
- Fall protection equipment
- Public protection
- Health and Safety at Work Act and the Work at Height Regulations
- Ladder types and their use
- Ladder regulations and codes of practice
- Practical inspection, handling and fixing of ladders
- Pass a written questionnaire.