Thank you for your enquiry it has arrived into our system.
The NVQ Level 3 Lightning Protection Engineer Qualification (QUC 855), this is what we in the industry called the Advanced Qualification and consists of 10No mandatory units, Millbrook First Academy will advise, guide & support you throughout the whole process from beginning to end, what you need to do & how to gather the necessary evidence to ensure you progress through the various associated tasks, to the successful completion & award of your NVQ qualification.
This NVQ is broken down into 10No units as follows.
- A/503/1170 (QCF 641) – General Health & Safety
- L/503/9919 (QCF 120) – Carrying Out Site Measurements and Evaluations in the Workplace.
- A/503/2772 (QCF 209) – Confirming Working Activities & Resources for an Occupational Work Area in the Workplace
- M/503/2915 (QCF 210) – Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- R/503/2924 (QCF 211) – Confirming the Occupational Method of Work in the Workplace
- M/600/8303 (QCF 252) – Using Fall Protection Systems in the Workplace
- L/503/9922 (QCF 254) – Erecting & Removing Access Equipment in the Workplace
- Y/600/8330 (QCF 256) – Installing Lightning Protection Systems
- D/617/1416 (QCF 372) – Location & Identification Underground Services
- Y/600/8280 (QCF 412) – Installing Electrical Earthing Systems in the Workplace
The Academy will register you with NSAC (CITB) and then arrange a meeting between yourself & Colin your NVQ Assessor to carry out an induction, during which he will explain the process in full. And, more importantly, agree on a plan of action with you called the ‘Assessment Plan’. This ensures your specific requirements are all met and although flexible it is there to set goals, so we keep on track and to the agreed timescales. It is a tried & trusted way to get you to where you need to be.
The timeframe to the completion & award of your qualification is dependent on you, we can agree to take up to two years if totally new to the industry or if you already have experience & knowledge about lightning protection or you bring associated skills from other industries this timeframe can be reduced accordingly.
Also, when you confirm your booking for this NVQ, you will get an invitation to carry out the LPS T&I eLearning training course available from the Academy, normally priced at £350.00 plus VAT once booked you will get it offered at a discounted price of £100.00 plus VAT
You & Colin work as a team, there are a variety of assessment methods from Colin observing you carrying out your day to day tasks, backed by discussion of the subject as well as recognition of any prior learning, any previous skills, training, experience & knowledge you have already gained which can be utilised within lightning protection, this will all be explained and backed up with examples and demonstrations during the induction and any time throughout the whole time to awarding of the NVQ. But, the most important thing is to remember is that all you have to do is do what you do every day of the week when working with lightning protection.
Principal Trainer Millbrook First Academy