LIGHTNING PROTECTION SYSTEMS TEST & INSPECTION (LPS T&I) ONE DAY
Table of Contents
The LPS T&I Training Course is geared to working towards the requirements for NVQ Level 3 LPS Test & Inspect Engineer qualification unit NOCN – R/503/9823 (QCF325) and so much more.
A complete training programme for the inspection & testing of lightning protections primarily to standards BSEN 62305 ‘Protection against Lightning’ & BS 6651 ‘Protection of Structures against Lightning’ but including other standards in preparation for the vast array of different LP systems you will encounter when carrying out the task.
- To assist you in preparation for the training day, exam & practical exercises, we will provide access to the initial online training programme, which will provide you with an excellent in site into what the training day will consist of and what you will be required to achieve to be awarded your LPS T&I Certificate of Competence.
- The one-day classroom-based course is broken down into 4No modules, and in each of the modules, there is a series of training units specific to the subject.
- The four modules consist of the following;
- Introduction to Lightning
- LPS Testing Techniques
- Layouts, Zones & Inspection of LPS
- There will be practical demonstrations for both testing & inspection, including candidate participation.
- Followed by a multiple-choice final exam plus practical exercises for testing & inspection techniques.
- On the successful completion and award of your LPS T&I Certification of Competence, you will then be provided with the highly valued two-year academy membership allowing you unlimited admittance to review any/all of the LPS T&I training units you have completed, this will be available 24/7 providing a you ‘right to use’ access via your personal online portal which is accessible on you phone, tablet or computer, so even if you are on-site or out in the field and you just need to check a certain task, to review a process, or to simply check on specifics, you can!
This allows you to commence with the task at hand, getting out there and making a start, all the time gaining experience & knowledge, supported at all times by Millbrook First’s highly technical Lightning protection inspection course support & backup service.
This can also be used towards the NVQ Level 3 – Lightning Protective Systems Inspection and Testing Accessing Operations and Rigging (Construction) QUC 855, which will allow you then to apply for the Gold CSCS – LPS Skills Card, which is swiftly becoming the best way and most recognised way to demonstrate & prove your LPS T&I competence.
Initial online training programme in preparation for the one-day classroom program, You do it at your pace, it is fully automated so that you can stop at your leisure & when you come back, you pick up where you left off; all we ask is that you complete this in full before attending the one-day training course.
One-day classroom-based training including a multiple-choice final exam, and on successful completion, access provided to the Millbrook First Academy Membership for two years providing unlimited access 24/7 so you can come back to review, reassess, check or even show a client any or all training units & modules at your leisure.
What To Bring
- Mobile phone/tablet/computer, which you can access the internet with, so we can confirm access to your Academy Membership on completion.
- If available, a copy of your The Furse ‘A Guide to BS EN 62305 Protection Against Lightning’ or click on the following link and upload their
- Guide to EN/IEC 62305 ‘Introduction’ and apply for the Furse ‘A Guide to BS EN 62305 Protection Against Lightning’ as detailed in the last paragraph of this document – Link http://www-public.tnb.com/eel/docs/furse/BS_EN_IEC_62305_standard_series.pdf
- You will also need basics as follows – Notebook, pen, pencil, etc
- PPE – Standard 3/5-point PPE, ensure High Vis & waterproofs mainly to protect against inclement weather on training day
Photographic ID (Passport/Driving Licence/CSCS Card)
Course Booking Form
Classroom – Lightning Protection Systems Test & Inspection Course
Cancellations must be received in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must contain the full booking details, including delegate and organisation name and contact details. The following charges will apply if you wish to cancel a booking for a training course:
- For 28 days or less before the course start date, no refund/credit will be given. Please see the substitute attendees’ section below.
- For 28 days or more before the course start date, a credit will be offered to be used on an alternative course date for the same training course.
A place on a training course can be used by a substitute attendee at no extra charge. Please email email@example.com with details of the original attendee and the nominated substitute’s details, including name, job title, organisation, email address and telephone number.